The purpose of the session is to prepare chairs for their forthcoming governing board meetings and to equip them with the knowledge, information and advice needed to effectively undertake their role.
The chairs' briefing sessions aim to:
- Deepen the understanding of the role of the chair
- Enhance confidence and skills in managing the role and relationships
- Widen the strategies for developing the partnership between the governing board, the head teacher and staff
- Share leadership issues and make good use of the skills and knowledge of others
- Provide extensive information about meeting procedure and regulations
While the session aims to be no more than an hour long, 30 minutes has been allowed at the end of the session for networking opportunities.
Attendance at the briefing is free of charge for all chairs of governing boards that purchase the Governance Services Clerking Service Level Agreement. A cost of £40.00 will be charged to those schools/academies for chairs of governors attending from governing boards that do not buy into the service.
To reserve your place on this session please select the 'book now' tab below